Chief Examiner – T Level Technical Qualification in Digital Support Services (Level 3) (delivered by NCFE)
Flexible Worker Contract
NCFE is an educational charity and an Awarding Organisation with a core purpose to ‘promote and advance learning’ for a fairer society. For over 170 years, NCFE has been at the forefront of technical and vocational education, helping to support and progress millions of learners in employment through its portfolio of qualifications. The company is an End-Point Assessment Organisation at the cutting edge of Apprenticeships, whilst also offering leading e-assessment, diagnostics, and digital education services through its innovative technical platforms as part of Skills Forward. Purposeful people drive NCFE and create a vibrant and high performing culture, ensuring that the organisation is always moving forward towards collective success with the learner at the heart of everything we do
We are currently recruiting Chief Examiners for T Level Technical Qualification in Digital Support Services (Level 3) (delivered by NCFE) (603/6901/2) qualification.
T Level Technical Qualification in Digital Support Services (Level 3) (delivered by NCFE)
To be considered for this role you must be available to attend and deliver standardisation events ahead of marking in each assessment window and may be required to attend other events throughout the year. These dates will be communicated in advance, but all events will be scheduled for weekdays between the hours of 9.00am-5.00pm and may require travel to Newcastle. All other marking duties can be carried out remotely, in accordance with set timescales.
There will be two assessment / marking windows per academic year for this qualification – one Autumn and one Summer.
Main duties include:
- to ensure the standards of the external assessment of NCFE’s qualifications are consistent across centres and learners from year to year
- to deliver exceptional customer service to all NCFE customers, both internal and external
- to lead on regular external standardisation of the external assessment and oversee decisions on grading at awarding, if applicable
- to support with queries on papers and questions/tasks
- to make sure that Examiners are coordinated as per NCFE guidelines and perform to the required standards
- to monitor the performance of Examiners and inform the Assessment Delivery team of any concerns
- to ensure that the sampling strategy is carried out by the team of Examiners when required
- to sample Examiners’ marking and grading decisions
- to provide ongoing support to Examiners as and when required
- to mark external assessments as required and submit results using our systems within set timescales
- to respond to malpractice and/or maladministration investigations and complete reports to support further investigations
- to respond to appeals and enquiries about results and provide adequate feedback via a report in the required timescale
- to complete and submit reports, as required
- to support the evaluation and improvement of NCFE external assessment materials
- to attend Chief Examiner training events and other meetings as required
- to adhere to NCFE’s established systems and procedures
- to maintain the confidentiality of NCFE assessment materials and report any breaches to the Assessment Delivery team
- to carry out any other duties as requested by NCFE
We are seeking applicants who:
- have a professional qualification (at Level 4 or above) relating to the sector area (refer to qualification specification for the content of the qualification)
- have experience of working in the Digital Support sector
- have experience working with Data Infrastructure, Network Cabling or Digital Support
- have current or recent teaching experience in the sector area
- have experience delivering a qualification in the sector at Level 3 or above
- have previous experience in an examining role
- have experience of leading a team
- have experience of monitoring performance
- have experience of graded / numerically marked assessments
- have experience of marking paper based and/or online assessments
- have excellent written and oral communication skills
- have the ability to work consistently within tight deadlines
- have an understanding of effective quality assurance mechanisms
- have access to a PC/laptop with internet connection
- be IT literate, particularly in the use of electronic communications systems, and open to using online applications/e-technologies, in particular Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Excel
Why work as a flexible worker for NCFE?
Our flexible workforce provides supportive quality assurance to ensure that learners taking NCFE qualifications are getting the best education possible. If you become a flexible worker with us, you’ll choose how to fit your work around your other personal and professional commitments – making this a great opportunity to make a difference in a way that suits you.
You’ll receive full training and the materials, tools or equipment needed to ensure you’re able to complete your duties in line with NCFE requirements, with the ability to take on flexible worker contract alongside other work, without the need to be registered as self-employed
All applicants will be expected to adhere to NCFE’s behavioural framework and to uphold our core values.
To apply please download and complete the Application Form and email to email@example.com to be considered for this opportunity
Closing date: 7th January 2022
Whilst this advert doesn’t close until 7th January, we would welcome applications on an ongoing basis due to the volume of flexible worker contracts available. We will be reviewing and shortlisting applications continually during this time.