Salary: Up to £46,000 with excellent beneftis
Location: Tyne & Wear
NCFE is a national Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
You will be joining a highly skilled Agile software development team as we embark on the delivery of a new integrated platform which will be used to provide technical and professional qualifications in the UK and internationally. You will be directly involved in the design and implementation of solutions and services using latest tools, technologies and best practices. We are looking for someone who is passionate about producing good quality code and who is keen to contribute positively to the working environment that we have established at NCFE.
Your role will be to:
- Work with Principal developers to help define and deliver high quality software systems to support our business needs.
- Work with Principal developers and the Enterprise Architect to help design and define application architecture.
- To work with developers and testers to define and implement software design principles, practices, and standards which are aligned with overall business strategies.
- Lead by example, demonstrating best practice and supporting Software Developers and Testers in the team.
Candidates will need;
- Proven software development experience in a developer role that includes related disciplines such as testing
- Some experience of leading on architecture definition, system structure, the logical view, the physical view, the architecture principles and security
- Experience of providing support, advice and coaching to IT colleagues on software development architecture principals and approach
- Experience of translating business specifications into technical specifications
- Strong Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET, C#, MVC, Web API skills, Entity Framework, XML,
- A strong working knowledge of SQL server, Team Foundation Server, Windows Server, Visual Studio, VSTS, Azure cloud services and source control repositories in particular GIT
- Experience in building and testing web services; JSON, REST / SOAP
- Understanding of dependency injection frameworks
- A good knowledge of TDD, BDD/DDD, object-oriented concepts and design patterns
- Understanding Continuous Integration/Delivery Pipelines (Preferably with VSTS)
- Experience working with NoSQL, Web services (REST / SOAP), micro services and containers
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
Salary & Benefits
The role will come with salary of up to £46,000 and an excellent benefits package including generous pension scheme, flexitime and training budget
Interested? Here’s what you need to know…
If you think you have the skills to become a Senior Developer, we’d love to hear from you! Apply online directly through our website uploading one document which will include your current CV and covering letter detailing the skills and relevant work experience which makes you suitable for the role.
Closing Date: 13 May 2018